IMPORTANT NOTICE: First College is open September 2020 to both new and continuing students. Applications are being accepted from new students currently in Canada.
Message from the Director:
Welcome current students and prospective new students!
I am pleased to confirm the approach that First College is going to take in Fall 2020, following the direction of the province and the Provincial Health Officer as we continue to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The majority of First College faculty staff and employees are currently working from home. As we plan for our fall courses – with guidelines established by WorkSafeBC and the Provincial Health Officer – First College will continue to work with everyone to ensure a safe working and learning environment. There are several guidelines that we shall be following in our planning:
- Routine daily screening for all staff and students.
- Routine and frequent environmental cleaning.
- Provide one mask per student per day.
- A clear policy for students and staff who have symptoms of a cold, flu, or COVID-19, with any coughing or sneezing not to attend classes, extra curricular activities, sports or work.
- Some of the guidelines to be implemented (for instance, the routine daily screening) are still being clarified, and sectoral plans are being developed with input from the Private Training Institutions Branch - Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training, WorkSafeBC, and a committee of subject experts and representatives from post- secondary institutions.
Campus Hours and Services:
Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; Campus is open with limited access due to the interior renovation. The entrance on the back of the building remains open, please contact us at (778) 478-6611 or (778) 754-2888 once you have arrived.
First College’s approach to Fall 2020 (Campus Reopening for On-site Learning)
Thank you for your patience and commitment during recent weeks. The last few months have shown what we can achieve together, as a College. Our first concern is always for the health, safety and support of our students and employees as we continue to develop our plans for fall 2020 and beyond. We continue to focus on providing the quality education and support services that our students are used to enjoying.
Timothy Jiajun Yang
Director, First College
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!