Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
(CELPIP) Exam Preparation Program
Faculty of Language
First College offers CELPIP Exam Preparation Program for those planning improving English Skills and/or on taking the CELPIP test.
3 HOURS A DAY; 3 DAYS A WEEK
There a two major benefits to this unique program:
1. Students will upgrade existing English proficiency to improve language skills.
2. Students will also receive a solid foundation of language skills preparing for the CELPIP Exam by helping them better understand the test format, style and expectations.
The program duration is 72 hours in total. (18 hours for each module in speaking, reading, listening, and writing). Students can register for individual modules of their choice, or take the entire training for all four modules.
First College is a recognized institution by the CELPIP Test Center to offer the Program. This program does not require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch.
Contact an Academic Advisor for More Information Today!
Benefits of Taking the Program:
• Sharpen your English skills;
• Learn how to build your vocabulary;
• Become a confident CELPIP test taker;
• Become familiar with the test format and performance expectations;
• Learn about the question types and how to respond to them;
• Work on improving your score in specific sections of the CELPIP test
Key Features of the Program:
• Six lessons for each test component; • Practice test items in all skills modules; • Homework to reinforce learning and the development of good study habits; • Vocabulary-building activities.
First College has no academic requirements for the (CELPIP) Exam Preparation Program.
CELPIP Test Frequently Asked Questions
Can I take the test from outside of Canada? CELPIP Tests are currently available in various locations in Canada, as well as in the United States and the United Arab Emirates. Locations are continuously expanding, and the full list can be found on the CELPIP Test Location and Fees page.
What is the passing score? There is no pass or fail in the test. Each CELPIP test component is given a CELPIP level, and your desired score will vary depending on the English language requirements of the institution to which you are applying. Visit the CELPIP website to better understand your CELPIP test score.
What is Canadian English? Canadian English contains elements of British English and American English in its vocabulary. To hear what a Canadian accent sounds like, please review the Listening component of the Free CELPIP sample tests.
The CELPIP Tests prove English language proficiency for:
• Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC): • Permanent Resident Status • Canadian Citizenship • Canadian Experience Class (CEC) • Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) • Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) • Start-up Visa Program • Various Provincial Nominee Programs • Alberta Human Services – Child Care Staff Certification • Alberta Institute of Massage • Association of Saskatchewan Realtors • BC Health Care Assistant (HCA) Program • Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) • NorQuest College ELP (English Language Proficiency) • Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) • Real Estate Council of British Columbia (RECBC) • Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission • TLC-Edmonton Training for Foreign Caregivers • Organizational employment requirements