CELPIP Exam Preparation Program
Faculty of Language
Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
Exam Preparation Program
CELPIP Preparation Program
First College offers CELPIP Exam Preparation Program for those planning improving English Skills and/or on taking the CELPIP test.
There a two major benefits to this unique program:
1. Students will upgrade existing English proficiency to improve language skills.
2. Students will also receive a solid foundation of language skills preparing for the CELPIP Exam by helping them better understand the test format, style and expectations.
The program duration is 72 hours in total. (18 hours for each module in speaking, reading, listening, and writing). Students can register for individual modules of their choice, or take the entire training for all four modules.
First College is a recognized institution by CELPIP Test Center to offer the Program. This program does not require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch.
Benefits of Taking the Program
- Sharpen your English skills;
- Learn how to build your vocabulary;
- Become a confident CELPIP test taker;
- Become familiar with the test format and performance expectations;
- Learn about the question types and how to respond to them;
- Work on improving your score in specific sections of the CELPIP test
Key Features of the Program
- Six lessons for each test component;
- Practice test items in all skills modules;
- Homework to reinforce learning and the development of good study habits;
- Vocabulary-building activities.
Who Accepts CELPIP?
The CELPIP Tests prove English language proficiency for:
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC):
- Permanent Resident Status
- Canadian Citizenship
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Start-up Visa Program
- Various Provincial Nominee Programs
- Alberta Human Services – Child Care Staff Certification
- Alberta Institute of Massage
- Association of Saskatchewan Realtors
- BC Health Care Assistant (HCA) Program
- Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC)
- NorQuest College ELP (English Language Proficiency)
- Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA)
- Real Estate Council of British Columbia (RECBC)
- Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission
- TLC-Edmonton Training for Foreign Caregivers
- Organizational employment requirements
CELPIP Test Frequently Asked Questions
Can I take the test from outside of Canada? CELPIP Tests are currently available in various locations in Canada, as well as in the United States and the United Arab Emirates. Locations are continuously expanding, and the full list can be found on the CELPIP Test Location and Fees page.
What is the passing score? There is no pass or fail in the test. Each CELPIP test component is given a CELPIP level, and your desired score will vary depending on the English language requirements of the institution to which you are applying. Visit the CELPIP website to better understand your CELPIP test score.
What is Canadian English? Canadian English contains elements of British English and American English in its vocabulary. To hear what a Canadian accent sounds like, please review the Listening component of the Free CELPIP sample tests.
For further information, please visit CELPIP frequently asked questions.
CELPIP Exam Preparation Program Admission
First College has no academic requirements for the CELPIP Preparation Program.
First College (FC), a private post-secondary institution, operates this website. The information contained on the FC website is created by departments of FC, and as such, is the property of FC. Unless specified otherwise, permission is granted to view, copy, print and distribute the content of the FC website subject to the following conditions: (i) it is used for informational, non-commercial purposes only; (ii) any copy or portion must include the FC copyright notice (© First College); (iii) no modifications are made; and (iv) FC reserves the right to revoke such authorization at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued upon written notice from FC. Permission to refer to FC information for purposes other than those described above, or to use the information in any other way, must be requested in writing to the maintainer(s) of the information, if designated, or in writing to: Marketing Department First College 1475 Ellis Street, Suite 301, Kelowna, BC V1Y 2A3