Office Administration with Bookkeeping (OAB) Program
FACULTY OF BUSINESS - 14 WEEKS - CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
This 14-week accelerated program offers a unique blend of knowledge, essential skills and perspectives; designed to meet the industry-standard core competencies within office administration with basic bookkeeping knowledge.
This program provides multiple business skills such as office communication, administrative office procedures, computer software applications, manual and computerized accounting, payroll, and business correspondence.
Graduates from this program immediately begin a career in the business world, such as working in different office settings, service businesses, insurance agencies, banks, investment, plus many others.
Students will also have the ability to use Sage 50 to perform the necessary control and reporting for a business. After the completion of the entire program, students will have qualification to complete the online certification assessment through Sage Canada to receive your Sage 50 certificated.
There are 3 levels certifications which build on each other:
Level 2: Certified User – Accounting Modules Level 2: Certified User – Payroll Module Level 3: Certified Power User
Employers are looking for individuals which have proven certifications nowadays. Our certification plus Sage 50 certifications will validate your knowledge and stand you out from the crowd!
Contact an Academic Advisor for More Information Today!
First College admits applicants on a first-qualified basis, whereby applicants must meet one of the following two admission criteria:
1. The student has graduated from grade 12 or equivalent (B.C. high school diploma, B.C. Adult Graduation Diploma, General Education Development) or an equivalent secondary school completion from another jurisdiction; or
2. The student has a mature student status: at least 19 years of age and proof of completion of Grade 10 English. Please note: College courses determined to be equivalent to completion of Grade 10 English (or higher) by post-secondary institutions are accepted and applicants must submit transcripts to evidence completion. A minimum of a C grade is accepted.
• Office Administration with bookkeeping Certificate
• Obtain multiple business skills including office communication and administrative office procedures
• Obtain the skills in computer applications most commonly used in business including Words, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Obtain the bookkeeping skills that not only the mechanics of recording daily transactions in a variety of journals but also how to analyze financial activities to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the books • Obtain the payroll administration skills with all government laws and regulations as well as meeting contractual obligations with workers, unions, benefit providers and any other stakeholders to the process • Obtain the skills to manage the financial systems and determine, at a glance, whether their business is earning or losing money by using Sage 50