FACULTY OF BUSINESS - 9 WEEKS - CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
This 165 Hours accelerated program offers a unique blend of knowledge, essential skills and perspectives; designed to meet the industry-standard core competencies with bookkeeping knowledge.
This program assumes students have no prior knowledge of bookkeeping and delivers lessons and examples to build bookkeeping skills required to embark on a career in bookkeeping. Students will receive bookkeeper training in a number of areas, from assets and liabilities to revenue and expenses, plus gain an in depth understanding of payroll administration.
Students will also have the ability to use Sage 50 to perform the necessary control and reporting for a business. After the completion of the entire program, students will have qualification to complete the online certification assessment through Sage Canada to receive your Sage 50 certificated.
There are 3 levels certifications which build on each other:
Level 2: Certified User – Accounting Modules Level 2: Certified User – Payroll Module Level 3: Certified Power User
Employers are looking for individuals which have proven certifications nowadays. Our Bookkeeping certification plus Sage 50 certifications will validate your knowledge and stand you out from the crowd!
Contact an Academic Advisor for More Information Today!
What are your future opportunities? • Accounting Bookkeeper
• Accounting Assistants • Bookkeeper
• Financial Assistants • Payroll Clerk
First College admits applicants on a first-qualified basis, whereby applicants must meet one of the following two admission criteria:
1. The student has graduated from grade 12 or equivalent (B.C. high school diploma, B.C. Adult Graduation Diploma, General Education Development) or an equivalent secondary school completion from another jurisdiction; or
2. The student has a mature student status: at least 19 years of age and proof of completion of Grade 10 English. Please note: College courses determined to be equivalent to completion of Grade 10 English (or higher) by post-secondary institutions are accepted and applicants must submit transcripts to evidence completion. A minimum of a C grade is accepted.
BUSI 501 Bookkeeping Fundamentals I BUSI 502 Bookkeeping Fundamentals II BUSI 510 Sage 50 Accounting
What we provide:
• Highly Qualified & Professional Instructors
• Affordable Tuition Fee
What you will receive:
• Obtain the bookkeeping skills that not only the mechanics of recording daily transactions in a variety of journals but also how to analyze financial activities to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the books
• Obtain the payroll administration skills with all government laws and regulations as well as meeting contractual obligations with workers, unions, benefit providers and any other stakeholders to the process
• Obtain the skills to manage the financial systems and determine, at a glance, whether their business is earning or losing money by using Sage 50