Data Analytics Program
Data Analytics is an in-demand field that focuses on making decisions supported by data. It’s grounded in statistics – to formulate relevant questions and determine the answer based on data – and in computer science – to manipulate and visualize data efficiently. Data analysts play a critical role in the data economy and are key for a business to succeed in the data age.
This 32-week accelerated program offers a unique blend of knowledge, essential skills and perspectives; designed to meet the industry-standard core competencies within data analytics. The content in this program was developed to ensure that graduates are conversant in approaches that will strengthen the organization’s ability to better collect, clean, visualize and analyze data to make evidence-based decisions.
Graduates will be prepared to provide effective and reliable data cleaning, visualization, analysis and communication for business dealing with data such as banks, retailers, online business, manufactures with IOT data etc. Other client populations will include governments and their agencies, non-profit organizations and NGOs with data analysis need.
Note: First College is offering a FREE laptop for January 2020 intake.
32 WEEKS - DIPLOMA PROGRAM
Data Analytics Program Admission Requirement
First College admits applicants on a first-qualified basis, whereby applicants must meet one of the following two admission criteria:
1. The student has graduated from grade 12 or equivalent (B.C. high school diploma, B.C. Adult Graduation Diploma, General Education Development) or an equivalent secondary school completion from another jurisdiction.
2. The student has a mature student status: at least 19 years of age and proof of completion of Grade 10 English. Please note: College courses determined to be equivalent to completion of Grade 10 English (or higher) by post-secondary institutions are accepted and applicants must submit transcripts to evidence completion. A minimum of a C grade is accepted.
English Language Competency Requirements
First College admits applicants whose first language is not English. Applicants must submit evidence of one of the following test scores:
Applicants whose first language is not English
Standardized English language proficiency test score from an authorized assessment centre
Evidence of one of the following test scores:
1. Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test (CLB PT): test within the last year: Listening 6, Speaking 6, Reading 5 and
*** Please note: A CLB Report Card from a LINC Program may also be accepted.
2. Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP – General): test within last 2 years; Listening 6, Speaking 6, Reading 5, and Writing 5
3. International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Academic or General – test within last 2 years: Overall score of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Speaking and Listening, and no score lower than 5 in Reading and Writing.
4. A minimum of 60% on the First College language assessment prior to enrolling.
2020/2021 Date and Schedule
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com
This program is currently working through the FINAL accreditation process with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) branch of the BC government Ministry of Advanced Education.
First College (FC), a private post-secondary institution, operates this website. The information contained on the FC website is created by departments of FC, and as such, is the property of FC. Unless specified otherwise, permission is granted to view, copy, print and distribute the content of the FC website subject to the following conditions: (i) it is used for informational, non-commercial purposes only; (ii) any copy or portion must include the FC copyright notice (© First College); (iii) no modifications are made; and (iv) FC reserves the right to revoke such authorization at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued upon written notice from FC. Permission to refer to FC information for purposes other than those described above, or to use the information in any other way, must be requested in writing to the maintainer(s) of the information, if designated, or in writing to: Marketing Department First College 1475 Ellis Street, Suite 301, Kelowna, BC V1Y 2A3